Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Important Day!

Tomorrow is a very important day for the Jensen family! We have our 20 week ultrasound. As the 24 hour mark fell upon me, my stress level began to rise and I have been feeling a little short of breath and nauseous ever since (the joy's of being a worrier). 20 week ultrasounds usually are filled with excitement and joy as parents are finding out the gender of their unborn children or growing excited to see the baby wiggle and flip within them. Part of our 20 week ultrasound is filled with what ifs and percentages (in my eyes, not Ben's). Of course I am excited to find out if we will be welcoming a baby boy or a baby girl to our family, but there is a part of me that wonders if we will draw that "lucky" straw a third time! As I find myself in a slight state of worry, I pulled up Shutterfly and looked through two albums, one entitled Braylon's beginning, the other Porter's beginning. Both of them started off very similar, had VERY different mid-sections and ended very much the same!
As I was looking through the pictures, I kept telling myself the same thing that I have been telling myself for the past 20 weeks, that even if Baby J has Gastroschisis like his/her big brothers we have something that a lot of parents at Children's don't get to have in the end; a child free and clear of any permanent medical issues or problems.
It is amazing how far they have come!

Braylon minutes after birth, on his way to Children's to be whisked away to surgery. Daddy was by his side the entire way :)

Porter minutes after birth, already arrived at Children's. Again Daddy was there with him the entire time, up until surgery!

Them today (well actually last Tuesday)!
We count our blessing every day for these two little boys!
And we will do the same with Baby J, no matter what we find out...
 photo signature2_zps6mwhpu6d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment