Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Our Love story...


Ben and I grew up in the same town, we went to the same schools and were in some of the same classes... I cannot tell you the exact moment that Ben and I became friends, he probably could. It was as though one day he was there, by my side. I loved Ben the moment I got to know him, I would soak in as much Ben time as he allowed me to. We became friends, great friends; we had our inside jokes, we would talk on the phone late at night watching Boy Meets World, each in our own home, but it felt like we were sitting right next to each other. In the 11th grade I found myself single and looking to spice things up, so a girlfriend and I decided to go out on a double date, she had a boyfriend, so the issue was who would I ask... I turned around and right there in our Pre-Calc class I asked Ben if he wanted to go on a date with me! I wish wish wish I had a camera with me at that very moment, because the look on his face is one I can close my eyes and see, it was shock, excitement, and a hint of nervousness; but he agreed nonetheless. The double date was horrible, he had eaten before going on the date and we didn't have a plan, so our double date turned into myself and my friend eating at a restaurant while our dates resited movie lines and provided comedy club quality entertainment. We then bummed over to the mall and window shopped for a while, before deciding to head back to New Ulm. On the way home we stopped at a park in a small town just outside of our town; that was the best part of the evening.
Our date led to hanging out more often then we already were, my ex took notice and decided he wasn't ready to be done, so he began to show up unannounced. I was young and unintelligent about boys and their games, so I "ended" things with Ben.
We remained friends over the course of the following years, 4 years to be exact; talking often, hanging out together at College, confiding in one another when an issue with the others relationship occurred. Then one day I found myself single and back in New Ulm, where Ben happened to live and was also single. It was like we picked up right where we had left off 4 years ago, and we finally kissed! Can I tell you about that kiss, it was as if my mouth finally found it's perfect match. Ben and I started dating in November; in January we found out we were expecting our first child together, check out Braylon's Birth Story for more information on that. A brief 6 months after Braylon was born we were expecting our second child together, check out Porter's Birth Story for more information.
In September 2010 we went to Chicago for 4 day getaway, while we were there Ben surprised me and asked me to marry him! I was stunned; I of course said yes! We planned to be married in October of 2011.
Ben and I's motto from the get go was we don't do things in the correct order, but we fully embrace them! In April of 2011 we found out we were expecting baby number 3, check out Adalyn's birth story for more information. Well I already had my wedding dress bought and knew that it would never fit me 8 months pregnant... So we rescheduled our wedding for May of 2012.
With our three children as witnesses we got married on May 26, 2012 surrounded by the most amazing people in our lives.
That is one plus to having your children at your wedding, I will forever display my wedding pictures, because most of them have our children in them!

He stole my cake...

Ben is the love of my life, he makes me laugh, smile, and even scream most days; he knows me better then I know myself. I cannot wait to grow old with this man, to watch what life has to offer us. He is an amazing father and husband and I wouldn't want to spend my days with anyone else!

Our wedding day!

He tries to be serious... who is trying to kid!

He takes me on Date nights, they are my favorite outings.

He makes an amazing wedding date..

He dresses up like Batman on Halloween.

He lets me take selfies of us (we usually have to take about 20 each time)

And he loves me and our kids unconditionally!



 photo signature2_zps6mwhpu6d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment