Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Washington D.C.

Benjamin has been going to Washington D.C. every other month, for a week, for the entire year of 2013; for a total of 6 weeks! November marked his graduation from the National Automobile Dealers Association; he flew out on Sunday to attend his final week of classes. Ben's parents and myself flew out on Thursday morning, luckily... I am not an expert flier and I will admit that I worry far more about if my children had enough socks to make it the 4 days that I would be gone, then about if I made sure I had everything. We were waiting to check our bags when I realized that I didn't have my drivers license with me, 2 hours from home and our flight is leaving in 40 minutes, who does that???????? Through some serious interrogation and a very thorough pat down, I was allowed to board the plane without my driver's license. Ben was very on top of things and had it overnighted to us in D.C. so that I would be able to come back home when the time came, I don't think that I give him enough credit for all that he does for me! Once our feet hit down in Washington D.C. my nervous system was finally calmed down and my pulse had returned to a normal pace, and other then a small bout of the flu bug the rest of the 4 day trip went off without a hitch!
I was so excited and honored to watch Benjamin receive his "diploma", he worked very hard to achieve this and I am so proud of him!
Ben received his diploma!

The group that Ben graduated with.

Myself, Ben, Joan, and Rick

Proud parents!

Proud Wife!

His name was called!!!!
 
 
After we were finished with the graduation ceremony on Friday, we headed into D.C. for the rest of the weekend. We went site seeing on Friday evening.

Washington Memorial was under construction from an earthquake.

The front of the white house.

A daylight view of the Washington Memorial

The capital

The capital at night

Before heading out on Friday night. My favorite part of this entire vacation was getting to spend 4 days with my husband without our children. It is a wonderful feeling to know that we can pick up right where we left off when it is just the two of us.

My favorite historical site, I LOVE history and I LOVE Abraham Lincoln even more!

Relaxing before heading out Saturday morning.

Our boys received these bomber hats and aviator goggles!

Dinosaur exhibit at the Natural Science museum. Bray and Port would have gone crazy over this!

Flying home!
 
It was a wonderful 4 days, Congratulations again Ben! I love you so very much and am so proud of all that you have accomplished!
 
 photo signature2_zps6mwhpu6d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment